Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring Wreath

I absolutely adore a good wreath.  Anyone who has ever bought a wreath or tried to make one you know first hand how costly it can be.  Not only that I find it's hard to find something unique, so after our rose month I started thinking about how I could make one of my very own.

First, I bought the wreath base at Hobby Lobby.  Love that place.  I wrapped it in the same material I used for my flowers.  I used about a 2" strip of fabric until it was completely covered.

Second, I made my flowers.  I used the same tutorials as before only I made the flowers quite a bit bigger so I just double the amount of fabric that I used.

Third, I placed the flowers where I wanted them on the wreath and then attached them.  I used my glue gun for this and it was very secure (although I am unsure of how it would handle a tornado, hopefully I won't find out :)

Fourth, before I placed my last flower on I placed the tulle and feathers where I wanted them and also glued on my embellishments.

Total Cost- $8 Can't beat that!

There it is! I had so much fun doing it that I am already planning the colors for my summer one!

by Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. Suz that is SO cute! I love the colors you picked. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete